The Salvatore Lumia company, today s.r.l., derives from a previous company, founded by Cav. Salvatore Lumia and operating since 1943. It represents for the municipalities of the coastal strip between Sciacca and Agrigento the only public transport service in the absence of the rail service.
In over 75 years it has extended its service to other (16) municipalities in the province of Agrigento, connecting 4 with Palermo. Since 1960 it connects the municipalities served with the municipalities of the coastal strip of the province of Trapani, including the latter capital.
Since 2001 the company has been certified with the ISO 9001 Quality System.