RIGHTS OF PASSENGERS IN THE SECTOR OF TRANSPORT BY BUS (up to 250Km)
Extract from EU Regulation no. 181/2011
1) Right to non-discriminatory conditions of carriage top of the page
When purchasing a ticket for the passenger transport service by bus, no user must be discriminated against, directly or indirectly, on the basis of his nationality or the place of establishment of the carrier or ticket seller.
2) Right to information top of the page
In scheduled bus transport, all passengers have the right to receive adequate information throughout the journey. This right includes the communication of passenger rights and the information necessary to contact the national bodies responsible for the application of this EU regulation no.181 / 2011.
3) Right to compensation and assistance in the event of an accident top of the page
During the transport service, passengers are entitled to compensation for death and personal injury, as well as for the loss or damage of baggage resulting from an accident resulting from the use of buses.
4) Right of the disabled and people with reduced mobility top of the page
access to transport services at no extra charge
compensation in the event of loss or damage to mobility equipment
5) Right to lodge complaints with the carrier or with the national bodies responsible for applying EU regulation no. 181/2011 top of page
Passengers can lodge a complaint with the carrier within three months from the date of travel on a scheduled bus. The carrier must notify the passenger, within one month of receiving the complaint, if it has been accepted, rejected or if the file is still being processed. Within three months of receiving the complaint, the carrier must provide the passenger with a definitive response.
6) To assert the rights of the passenger top of the page
The national body designated to enforce the rights enshrined in EU regulation no. 181/2011, to which each passenger can lodge a complaint for an alleged infringement of the aforementioned regulation for which no solution has been found in the complaint to the carrier, is
TRANSPORT REGULATION AUTHORITY
VIA NIZZA 230, 1016 TURIN